Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Trucking In the Winter

Trucking in the winter is always an adventure. When truck driver Dave (my husband) and I first started driving winter scared the begeezes out of us!

I still have nightmares about the night I drove through the gorge in North Carolina when it was snowing, the ice was packed on the road and the 4 wheelers where trying to get killed.  There is a narrow bridge and a little truck right in the center going way slower than even I was driving.  To this day I'm thinking it was an act of God that I didn't plow right into him.

Some how I managed to slide, and believe me we were sliding, right around him.

These days, though I no longer drive, my husband kind of looks forward to winter. All of the motor homes are safely tucked away for the season, road crews rarely feel the need to wander out to "fix" stuff and snow doesn't usually last too long as one seems to drive though and then out of it.

If you are a trucker, trucking in the winter, be safe, go slow...no load is worth your life.

https://www.sunfrog.com/Jill/Truckers-Tees?2554